Certification also called qualifying, where there are many kinds of certification, but this time we will discuss about professional certification. Professional certification is a designation given by a professional organization to someone who indicates that the person is able to perform a job or task or have specific expertise. Where this certification must also be updated regularly by the individual in question and is only valid up to a certain period only.
And here the purpose of certification is to generate human resources in the field of IT quality, have high standards and quality as well as continuous professional development. As for the individual is to add value to himself in the eyes of the employer with the recognition of certification that the person have and also to reach career plan to be achieved by that person. To obtain such certification is not easy, because you have to pass every test given. But many courses that give you easy to pass a certification exam like buying guides CompTIA A+ practice test or other guidelines related to certification tests you want.
Many of the benefits that we can if it has a professional certification in the field of IT, one of which is the ease in the job search process, provided certification that we have come from an organization that has credibility guaranteed and recognized nationally and internationally, and the following are some benefits if we get to have professional certification in the field of IT:
- Getting official recognition from other people or organizations or also in the eyes of the giver job on the expertise of the person in the field of IT and also could be recognized in national and international scale.
- Can improve competitiveness in the IT field.
- Can get career advancement and income in accordance with the level of professionalism of the people in the IT field.
- Improving professional career opportunities and increase the credibility of an IT professional in the eyes of the employer.
- Giving an overview of the technical capabilities that have been the standard pick and also scalable.
- Adding new insights that can not be obtained at the time of formal education, and to improve the position and reputation of the IT professionals when they are working in a company.
And here there are three groups of certification models frequently used in the process of professional certification, namely:
- Vendors based: or certification issued by a particular vendor teaching material usually refers to products from these vendors. Ec: cisco, oracle, sap, microsoft etc.
- Vendor neutral: where this certification is issued by a certification body that is not associated with any vendor that has a global scope, and teaching materials which have multiple vendors, so we can say that the vendor neutral level is higher and more prestigious than vendors based. Es: the agency that issued CompTIA, EC-Council with examples certification Network +, A + etc.
- Professional Vendor: where certification is developed by professional societies as an example of the British Computer Society (BCS), the Australian Computer Society (ACS), South East Asian Regional Computer Confederation (SEARCC).